Saturday, July 18, 2009

:D
Down 2 lbs. to 214. It's sweltering hot here but I started walking around 8 p.m. after most of the heat has burned off.
I can't believe it's been almost a month since my surgery. It's amazing how much better I feel and though a lot of people take getting rid of the gallbladder as an excuse for a food free-for-all it's really helped me.
I have to eat smaller meals throughout the day now so I can keep my stomach in check. I've also learned for the first time in my life how to actually LISTEN to my body's hunger signals. Through everything I've done, I've never paid heed to that most important of advice. All through weight watchers and everything else I've read and done I ignored that simple NORMAL body reaction. Last night I went out to dinner with a friend and I actually stopped eating when I noticed I was pushing food around on my plate while I talked instead of eating it. I then stood up got more soda then realized I wasn't hungry anymore. And I didn't feel guilty in the least for having to get a doggy bag and not being able to "finish everything on my plate." Heck, I felt good because I had enough food left for lunch hand got two meals for the price of one. I never thought eating would make me feel good even after everything was done. This is one of the first times I think I've eaten without guilt. God it feels good.

No comments: